Release date: 19th November 1996
Label: Loud / RCA
Producers: Mobb Deep
Profile (courtesy of Wikipedia):
"Hell on Earth is the third studio album by East Coast hip hop group Mobb Deep, which was first released on November 19, 1996, on Loud/RCA/BMG Records. The album is largely a continuation of Mobb Deep's previous album, the critically acclaimed The Infamous. The album is produced by Havoc and Prodigy and also features guest appearances by emcees Nas, Raekwon, Method Man, and frequent collaborator Big Noyd. The album stands out for its acclaimed singles "G.O.D. Pt. III" and "Hell on Earth (Front Lines)," as well as “Drop a Gem on 'Em," a response to 2Pac's diss track "Hit 'Em Up." The album, one of the earliest enhanced CDs, also contains an additional track (“In the Long Run”) that at the time, had to be unlocked with the use of a computer."
- The album comes in at #3 in Ego Trip's Top 25 Rap Albums of 1996.
- The singles 'Drop a Gem On 'Em' and 'Hell on Earth' comes in at #10 and #15 respectively in Ego Trip's Top 40 Rap Singles of 1996.
- The track 'Hell on Earth' appears on our Classic Material 1996 Mixtape.
- That track also appears on our 1996 Rap Megamix.
- Listen to samples used in the making of the album on WhoSampled.
Listen: Spotify / Youtube